Tuesday 10 March 2020

Let The People Choose-March Update

Hello Friends,
First Saturday of the month I join Jo for The People's Choice SAL . Jo takes a poll for people to choose a topic for the month and the participants then post about stitchy projects related to that topic.

This month's topic is Coffee. I'm not a fan of hot drinks,be it tea or coffee. However I drink tea twice a day for psychological reasons.
When I started my career, people in my office used to take tea or coffee breaks. At first I didn't join them, then I realised these tea breaks were a way to relax one's eyes as we used to work on a computer for 9 hours, also time to chit chat a bit.
After working in the industry for 15 years , my mind asks for tea or coffee at defined hours of the day otherwise I feel tired.
I prefer coffee over tea , however coffee served in India contains milk and sugar unlike the bitter one I tasted on my first trip to USA.
During my time in Kuwait, I met people from all over the world and came to know that coffee is a big part of western culture. Our craft meetings were held in Coffee shops  and never in 4 years did I drink hot coffee.My go to drink was Frapuuchino.
Having said that I love cold coffee specially one served with one scoop with vanilla ice cream. Have you had one?
For obvious reasons I don't have any coffee patterns in my stash , however I stitched one for my friend in Kuwait.
This is a free pattern from kincavel krosses
I have saved this free pattern to be stitched for my coffee loving friends
Tea or coffee by Palko Lap 
Palko lap has many cute coffee patterns , go check the link out.

That's all I have to show related to Coffee.Have a nice day.

8 comments:

  1. I find it fascinating how our tea and coffee drinking is different in different countries. I don't like milk and so was never interested in hot drinks until I discovered black coffee in France, I drink quite a few cups a day but no tea.
    Your coffee pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty coffee pillow, great choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I like the design you stitched for your friend and the freebie is great too.
    I have never had cold coffee deliberately! Not sure what it would be like with ice-cream either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about coffee. I only drink it cold. I will have to try it with vanilla ice cream, that sounds lovely! I love your "I love coffee" stitch, the threads look awesome on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker--wish I was as it seems like such a social thing to do :) I do LOVE coffee flavored ice cream, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will only drink coffee if it is very milky. I've tried black coffee once and immediately added milk to it. I am much more of a tea drinker. Lovely stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of you to make that for your friend, it's lovely! Thanks for sharing both patterns, I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very disappointed when I ordered an Iced Coffee in the US and just got cold coffee with ice cubes. Here, Iced Coffee has vanilla (and sometimes chocolate) ice cream and it's soo good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...