Can you believe its been a year I moved to Scotland ? They say time flies when one is having a good time...clearly that is the case here.
What a year it has been ...settling into a new country, new weather , new culture and new routine . Some of my family members were curious how I was happy being at home and wasn't taking up a job after working for 20 years . I guess its easier when someone is a home body like me. I love being at home- waking up at my own time, just sitting with my cats, gazing at the rain , reconnecting with my hobbies .
Summer is has been lot kinder to us here in Scotland than rest of UK . We had maximum temp of 26deg C twice and currently we are at 15-19 deg C range . We have explored nearby places on day trips and went away to Aberdeenshire for our 19th wedding anniversary.
![]() |
| Marischal Collage, Aberdeen |
![]() |
| Fyvie Castle |
![]() |
| Aberdeen beach front to the North Sea |
![]() |
| Dunnottar Castle near Stonehaven, Scotland |
Everything is so beautiful in the summer and I observed the transition from spring to summer thru new flowers I would see on my walks every week.
![]() |
| Rhododendron |
![]() |
| Peonies |
![]() |
| Tulips at Greenbank gardens |
I have been stitching , though I got exhausted once and once the mojo was thrown out of the window. I will share which projects did that to me.
I had the pleasure of hosting one of my penpals at my house in May. We first connected thru Instagram and have been exchanging mails since few years. He surprised me when he said he would visit Scotland from France to meet me. I wanted to stitch a gift for him either on the theme of letters(snailmailing) or something related to Scottish Culture .
I'n very happy to show this is what I stitched for my friend, nothing speaks more about scottish culture than Fish & Chips.
I was on a tight deadline for this project so I burnt the midnight oil few days before his arrival. At first my eyes took time to 25 ct evenweave as I have been stitching on 14ct aida in last few years. I skipped the border on the vertical sides .
Another project I have completed is for my maternal aunt , this will be finished into a small pillow for decoration.
I love daffodils , I had such a lovely time stitching this. However , I did get frustrated by the end , why would a designer use 18 colors for a pattern of 47*47 stitches! This pattern was one of the two smaller patterns from a big design, so may be the designer didn't optimise the colors.
I have finished another gift, which I will put in a frame today. I have few more Christmas finishes , however I'm saving them for Christmas time .
I'm travelling to India to visit my family next Sunday ...so excited to meet them after a year. I will carrying some finishes to be fully finished using my mother's sewing machine.
Hope to write more regularly on the blog in future.
Have a relaxing Sunday my friends.











No comments:
Post a Comment