Tuesday 5 May 2015

Thank you Khristine!

It was a pleasant surprise to see my blog being nominated for One Lovely Blog Award on Khristine's blog seeing I'm quite new to world of blogging and cross stitching.

Khristine has been very encouraging through her comments on my humble cross stitch cards which is all I have stitched this year.

Thank you Khristine for the appreciation and nomination.

Please visit her blog to see her beautiful stitching specially the HAED "Hannah" she is working on these days.


The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow bloggers. In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:

  • thank the person who nominated you and link back 
  • Share seven facts about yourself
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
 
1.     I have been married for almost 8 yrs now and my husband is the nicest person I have ever met in my life. Trust me I’m not exaggerating…
2.     I’m a Chemical Engineer by profession and my work field is in Oil & gas industry. I’m a career oriented person and competition brings the best out of me.
3.     I’m close to an atheist.
4.     I cannot stand discrimination due to sex, religion, race, nationality etc. and I have been raising my voice whenever required for this cause.
5.     I have inherited the crafty genes from my mother and maternal grandmother. I’m really thankful to my mother for constantly reminding me to keep practicing what I have learnt in various craft classes, so that I don’t lose touch.
6.     I believe in living the moment rather than worrying too much about future.
7.     I want to revive the art of cross stitch in my home country India. A small attempt in this direction was to get associated with Eclectic Bloke designs. Still a long way to go …
 

  I would like to nominate:
1. Maria    : Not only Maria stitches beautifully, she comes up with the most unusual ways of finishing her stitched pieces...coin purses, craft envelopes etc.
2. Shammi : I'm so impressed by the fact that Shammi knows so many type of hand embroideries: satin stitch, kantha, kasuti, kutchi, cross stitch along with crochet .
3. Neha : She is newbie like me and indulges in quilling, cross stitch and decoupage.
4. Fatema : I love her choices of designs and she is brave enough to tackle 2 or 3 HAEDs at a time ;)
5. Lulu  : Cross stitching blog with a flavor of life in different countries.
6.  Jo : The name itself is enough ;)
7.  Alicia : She is HAED obsessed and a RAK queen, always late in posting SAL updates ..;)
8. Kay : Look at the gorgeous Spanish rouge sampler she is stitching .
9.  Kaye
 
Please have a look at these wonderful blogs.
 
Thank you again Khristine for the nomination.
 
Hugs
Mini
 

3 comments:

  1. You are very welcome!! It is well deserved :) It was so nice to learn more about you and thanks for all the new blogs I have added to my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting facts. Do you have to do a lot of number 4 in your career? I preferred Physics to Chemistry at school and Statistics to both of them. Hence my love of pie charts. They are spreading, I saw another blogger using one thanks to us!
    Thank you for my Lovely Award. Here's the post I made when I was first nominated for the award, hope you enjoy it.
    http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/winners-all-around.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini Thanks for the comment on my blog. I didn't receive any email. Just today I have seen this post and came to know about the blog award. Thanks. So thoughtful of you. Will write a blog post about this soon. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...