Sunday 7 April 2019

Let the people choose-April-Speciality stitches

Hello Friends,

Today I join Jo for another SAL which she is hosting called THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE SAL. You can read about it on her blog.

The theme for April is Speciality  Stitches, basically any stitch which is not cross stitch.

I'm quite a newbie to cross stitching so my focus is mainly to expand my knowledge on it rather than any new stitching methods. I'm still to discover a pattern with Speciality Stitches which fall into category "have to do". However if the cross stitch pattern calls for any, I try and make them.

Here are few projects which had Speciality Stitches:
Free hand embroidery using lasy daisy stitches 

Project name :Heart Biscornu
Contains Spider web stitch

Project name :Gorgeous Gingham
Contains Symrna stitch
Having said that I'm not attracted to Speciality stitches , I realise that I do like Blackwork which is another form of counted threadwork. If you have known me for a bit, you may know that I had absolutely no access to cross stitch techniques , supplies etc while growing up . Its a long story...so cut to Jan 2016 , I discovered a project I made in college in my grandma's trunk.
This is the piece:

When I made this,I had no clue it was called blackwork...😲
Some recent finishes

I have a few blackwork projects I would like to do specially the one from Ajisai Press 

Ladybug & Daisy from Ajisai designs

Have you seen the freebie projects from Blackwork journey, they are absolutely gorgeous



I hope I haven't enabled you much 😛. May be one day I will learn some new stitches ...

10 comments:

  1. I have that freebie from Blackwork Journey saved too, though who knows if I'll ever do anything with it! How funny to do a piece and discover it years later and know the technique already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do specialty stitches but I love blackwork although I haven't done any. I am thinking of getting an Ajisai Press pattern too as they look so beautiful. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been stitching some beautiful things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects! I also like blackwork and have stitched the box of delights - my finish post is http://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2015/11/blackwork-stitch-long-box-of-delights.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blackwork and great speciality stitches too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I am so glad that you found some pieces to share with us. I like your mini pink sampler and the lovely butterfly on the blackwork background. That is a very effective way to combine the two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic post. Love the sailboat blackwork you did. Gorgeous! The other stitching is gorgeous too. Love the ladybug one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your blackwork! That is something I have never done that I would like to try! You look like a pro! :) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blackwork, but for some reason I'm not doing a lot of it! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blackwork is gorgeous! I enjoy specialty stitches as long as I have a good stitch diagram to follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...