Friday 15 May 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL May 2020 update

Hello Friends,
It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is an easy SAL where you have a choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

Last Saturday, Hubby and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary and I made a little gift for him.
This is a free pattern from Cathy at Hands on Design. Here is the finish from designer look like
Picture courtesy :Hands on design
As you can see, I changed everything in this pattern:fabric,floss color and finished look.
I downloaded this pattern in 2018 , wanting to stitch it for anniversary in 2018. Well, better late than never.
The buttons you see in this design are my maternal grandmother's . Last year, I visited my maternal uncle's house with my mom. During the visit,my aunt , mom and I went up to the store room on the terrace to see what can be used from stuff left behind by my grandparents. I got my hands on these buttons, some zippers and some crocheted pieces. My maternal grandmother was a master crocheter, knitter and embroiderer in addition to be a wonderful cook.
I also wanted to share this macrame key ring I made after attending a free workshop on Instagram this Tuesday. The workshop was designed to use materials we had at home , yarn scraps, threads etc.
I don't know about other countries ,however a lot of Indian artists, crafters and organisations have been conducting free or minimal cost online workshops to help people cope with the pandemic. My snail mailing friend encouraged me to check these workshops as she herself benefited from one she attended. 
I think it's a great idea to learn a skill or two and/or share your skills with others.
Please share if you have picked up any new hobby or a hobby you stopped pursuing years ago during this pandemic .
That's it for today, will try to put some extra stitches this weekend as it is IHSW .

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you stitched a lovely gift for your DH. There are so many skills from so many cultures, one thing social media is good for is learning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version is very bright and cheery, a nice gift for your hubby to celebrate your anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
    Nice macramé. Its nice to inherit things from past generations we can use in our crafting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary: I hope you have a beautiful day.
    Lovely stitching.
    Beautiful macrame.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love your version of the HoD stitch and Happy Anniversary to you too.

    I have joined a couple of FB groups for different textile challenges. I have not actually done any but love seeing all the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are not on FB so I thought you might like to see the website for one of the challenge groups. All of the weekly challenges can be found here. It's been really fun to follow:
    https://www.textileartist.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your handiwork. Your anniversary piece appealed greatly to me, and your macrame keyring is very nice, and oractucal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice that your hubby appreciates your handiwork. A lovely gift and especially nice that you were able to include buttons from your grandmother's stash. There's so many artists in different mediums who are providing free workshops and patterns. Definitely no shortage of things to do if we so desire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you. Nice stitched gift. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gift you made for your husband! The buttons stood out to me immediately. Such a special addition :) I have been watching a lot of macrame videos on facebook. I find them so relaxing to watch. Your keychain is fantastic! Did you enjoy making it? I should just jump in and give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the bright colors in your version. Great finish! Love the keychain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely gift! I'd like to try macreme some day, but I have way too many crafty hobbies as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely finish and well done trying something new! I've seen a few, but haven't tried anything new yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet finish for your anniversary. Thanks for sharing the link, I might stitch that for ours next year.
    Your key ring looks great, I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...