Friday 1 May 2020

Stitch Every 'Day' in 'May'

Hi dear Friends,
                          Happy May!
How are you ? We are still under lockdown and with the given circumstances , I won't be surprised if it extends till June.Well, I have never had any problem being at home, so the lockdown doesn't bother me much.
However to make most of being home , I thought I would do a personal challenge called "Stitch Every 'Day' in 'May' ". I was going thru my old posts and realised I do this challenge every two years. You can see my post for 2018 and 2016 here.
I know for many of you stitching every day is a way of life , however I tend to get distracted easily by social media and watching online series that's why I took this challenge.The idea is to stitch atleast for 15 mins everyday.
My focus piece will be my oldest WIP-Indian Peacock by Dimensions.
This piece was started on new year day in 2017 and has been neglected since due to priority of gift stitching. With the lockdown, I'm not making any gifts as there is no way to send them.So I thought I would put some stitches in this project. I stitched for 10 days in April on this project and added 1261 stitches.
Before and after pic:
I was finding it difficult to stitch this in the Q snap I had so I'm now stitching this in hand.
The last two times when I did this challenge some of you joined me, join me this year too if this is something you would like to do .
I'm not going to make it a SAL or any compulsion to post on blog. Just use #stitcheverydayinmay if you post pictures on Instagram.I will post an update on the challenge at the end of month.
Are you finding more time for stitching during the lockdown or rather the opposite?

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I am stuck at home still to but today we started a reopen a bit. Groups of 5 can meet outdoors. I am hoping we don't end up with a lot of cases now that we are relaxing a little bit. Stay safe! And I am looking forward to seeing all the progress you get in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I'll do my best to join you while I do my Mill Hill Maynia challenge. It seems like I've been really busy but I'm hoping to take some control this month and relax a bit. We'll see if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Stitch every day. A nice project you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful design and I am so glad to see it growing some more. The flowers in the corner are gorgeous.
    I stitch every day anyway so it's no new challenge for me! You can see my Pie at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tempted to try stitch every day May - as long as any stitching counts, rather than just cross-stitching! That peacock is lovely - I really love the colours in it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This project is beautiful! I've had a break from stitching for a few years so I too have many projects I haven't worked on for a while… Enjoy your stitching in May:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stitching for a little bit every day is a great 'gateway drug' to longer stitching sessions, I find! Good luck with your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for replying to my comment:) You can find my cross stitching blog here: www.mylittlexstitchnook.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...