Thursday 15 November 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL November Update

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

Sorry , I have been missing from blog land. I have been busy with work, festivals, holiday planning and musical events.

I missed posting for last month GG as I have not been cross stitching. 

Kuwait has been hit by rains since last week. Though the intensity of rain is nothing compared to what I'm used to in India, it has created quite a havoc. The country is not designed for rains, with an  absent drainage system. 
Government declared holidays on 6th Nov, yesterday and today as a precautionary measure. Personally, I haven't experienced any loss but water has been leaking thru cracks in my house. Last Friday evening it got scary when I saw cars being carried away by water .

Anyways, the unexpected holidays have given me time to pick up my needle. I finished a project last night at 1 am which was supposed to be used for decoration last week.

This project has a lot of firsts: First time stitching a Daily CrossStitch pattern though I have dozens saved in my computer, first time stitching a holiday pattern for my home, first time stitching a pattern celebrating Hindu festival. I added the text in Hindi to complete the design.

The pattern was stitched on gifted fabric and the floss was gifted too.The frame was bought in one of the store closing down sales and I think its perfect.

In case , you are wondering why I picked up a Diwali pattern to stitch. We (and millions of Hindus across the world) celebrated the festival of Lights during 5th - 9th November this year.

Diwali is my favorite festival and decorating the house after a deep cleaning operation is what I enjoy most. I made few savory snacks and traditional sweets this year, decorated the house with flowers, rangoli and diyas.

Sharing some pics :




Most of the items you see in the pictures above are handmade by my craft friends and gifted for the occasion over the years.

I had a very fulfilling experience this year during Diwali, I did what I enjoy most:cooking and decorating.

As its a long weekend here this time, I started crafting for IHSW today and made christmas cards thi morning.

That's it my friends for today, I hope you are safe in your corner of the world.



10 comments:

  1. good to see your diwali pictures and stitchings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, I love the Diwali pattern and the gorgeous frame.
    Your rangoli are lovely too and I think they would make lovely painted rocks! That is my new obsession, after cross stitch of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great craftwork, the Diwali pattern is lovely. How scary to see cars floating by, I hope the water goes down soon and everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My city Leicester in UK is famous for its Diwali celebrations. Your design is perfect in its frame.
    How frightening to see the floating cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty stitch!! Love the colors and I think Hindi text transfers so well to backstitching. It is beautiful! I can't believe cars are being carried away by the water! That is terrifying! Hope the rains have stopped by now! Or do very soon. And I always love seeing your home decorated for Diwali. I would like to know how you make the pretty designs on your floor. What do you use for them and does your sweet little kitty bother with them? I know my rambunctious dog would ruin anything like that at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to read about all of your rain! That must be awful if the country is not set up with proper drainage systems. I hope it stops soon...

    Lovely to read about your Diwali traditions--I always enjoy learning about other cultures! Pretty stitched piece, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. o my, so much rain! I am not surprised to hear of cars being carried away around here; it is a (sadly) common occurrence with the spring rains and people who don't pay attention to them. I hope the flooding stops soon for you; it must be bizarre in an area that doesn't get so much at once!

    Beautiful Diwali decorations! I love seeing those designs every year and the symbolism of Diwali. Hindi text seems to be perfect for backstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the rain doesn't/hasn't caused you anymore problems other than the couple of little leaks. Gorgeous stitching and beautiful Diwali decorations. What does the text say on your piece? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely finish! I didn't know much about Diwali. I'd better read a bit more about it. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post! I love your colourful stitching. I found myself smingCS as I looked at it. I hope your rain has settled. We badly need rain here, but too much is sometimes worse than not enough.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...