Friday 30 November 2018

Smalls SAL November Check-in

Hello Friends,

Its last friday of the month , time to show what smalls we stitched during the month. I'm participating first time in Smalls SAL this year hosted by Heather. I decided to join this SAL as I usually stitch birthday cards or exchange pieces throughout the year and this gives me an additional chance to blog.

Can't believe we are entering into last month of this year. Where has the year gone?

I have a small finish which has killed my stitching bug (again!). This was a cover kit with two designs , but fabric provided for one. I picked up a random piece of aida from my stash and the quality of fabric was so bad that I stopped stitching it after 30 mins I started it on Sept 1. But an incomplete project bothers me so I picked it up again but couldnt get myself to complete it.
So my sweet husband , who has always motivated me to craft, picked up the project and completed the cross stitches and half of back stitching.

Ideally this post should have been titled "One where the husband completes the project".
Cover kit from The World of Cross Stitching 

I know you can't tell from the picture the quality of fabric but that's the magic of back stitching ..it makes a sad project look happy :)

I think one of the reasons why I'm not enjoying cross stitching since last few months is that my projects don't have a intended receiver when they are started.

You see, as I have mentioned before, I mostly stitch gifts. I draw motivation by imagining how would the receiver like the piece I'm making , and deadlines of gifting help me keep a schedule.  I'm sad that I don't have more people in my life for whom I want to stitch , ones who appreciate the hard work behind this craft. May be I should not bother whether the gifts I give are appreciated or not, that way I can have more intended recipients ..ha ha. Pls let me if you have ever lost motivation to stitch.

Ok, time to stop the rant and wrap up the post. 

Wishing you all a Happy December.



13 comments:

  1. Vow mini cute little finish. Its beautiful. S sometimes me too will lost interest in doing a project if its done without any purpose. But nowadays i make things. If somebody is there to get it i will be happy otherwise i will keep it and give for any sale that has been done for raising funds for charity. That way i get the happiness n satisfaction of sending my time productively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that your husband helped complete this piece! It is very cute :) I hope your mojo returns--I think you should pick something nice to stitch for your home. That might be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you stitch with theme Cat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the opposite ... I stitch and crochet just for the sake of doing it and most of the time never have an intended purpose for anything. It's very sweet of your husband to help you finish your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing husband! So good of him to finish your stitching for you!
    You are right, if there is a good reason to stitch something it does make me stitch faster. I’ve just finished a Christmas freebie from CrossStitcher, in about 3 weeks, but only because I wanted to be the first to finish! Tee hee! But I bet someone will have beaten me! Oh, and I don’t really like stitching for Christmas but finished this quickly because there was a target!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say how gorgeous your stitching looks ..... and I love your cute mug!
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of your husband to finish this one for you. I stopped doing the cover kits because of the poor quality aida they provided.
    At one time I was stitching a lot for other people, gifts, prizes and exchanges. But then I wanted to have the designs myself so now I stitch just for me. My friends get to share with my online posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gesture of your husband to help finish off the project, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great that your husband finished your little stitch! I don't think mine would work on one but he does always remind and encourage me to do something. I like to have a purpose when stitching too, whether it's a gift for someone or something I can use around the house. My mojo for almost everything has evaporated this month; a bad month for it to disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped by your blog for the blog hop but decided to look around before leaving. You have a beautiful blog and I have decided to follow your blog and your beautiful pieces you stitch. I lose my interest sometimes too but I tend to have a piece that I want to stitch on instead. When I start the new project I get all happy and in love with stitching again. I hope you can find one you enjoy soon. I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes lose interest in stitching but it comes back. Not all people appreciate the time and patience a stitched piece involves but many a time cross stitched gifts made me proud to have made them. So go on stitching for those you think will appreciate them and the best for that is yourself. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful of your husband to finish the piece for you! And such a cute penguin mug x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both made a lovely job of that ornament! Although it was a pain I hope it has now become a something you cherish :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...