Sunday 5 July 2020

Let the People Choose-July Update

Hello Friends,
First Saturday of the month I join Jo for The People's Choice SAL . Jo takes a poll for people to choose a topic for the month and the participants then post about stitchy projects related to that topic.
This month's topic is The Designer You Have Stitched the Most. Its good that Jo changed the topic from Most favourite or most popular to this, because I don't have a favourite designer.
Most of my stitching projects are gift , so I try to search designs which suit recipients likes rather than designer. 
Yesterday I sat and made an excel sheet to record how many projects I have stitched of each designer. I have completed 68 projects since 2014 and two designers tie at 5 projects each.
The winners are Durene Jones and Lesley Teare. Both these designers are major contributors to patterns in British cross stitch magazines and I mainly source my projects from there.
Durene Jones patterns, all stitched in 2019
Lesley Teare's patterns I have stitched

I have even received a Lesley Teare pattern stitched in an exchange.


I love stitching cover kits  and most of them don't mention the designer.Another designer who has most simplest patterns is Helen Phillips.
Helen Phillips's patterns I have stitched
Have you stitched patterns from any of these designers? Do you select projects based on designer or theme?
It would be interesting to see how many new to me designers I find once I go blog hopping for this SAL.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I deliberately chose Most Stitched for that reason! I have too many favourite designers.
    I think I have stitched one each for Lesley Teare and Helen Phillips. But none for poor Durene! They are more cute than my usual project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many lovely designs to show, thank-you for sharing with us, my favorite is the bird by Lesley Teare.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection - this topic has introduced me to new designers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those two designers too! I have the spring project by Lesley Teare that you received and plan to make a start on it soon. It's pretty, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love LizzieKate the most but I think that is just because they were the first designer I found that wasn't sold at a craft store and opened my eyes to how big this whole cross stitching world is.

    I think I am like you and stitch for the design, not the designer. Of the 18 projects I have on the go not one of them are by the same designer. And I have never stitched a Durene Jones or Lesley Teare... maybe I need to add a couple more projects to have an even 20 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I stitched something by Lesley Teare but I know I didn't stitch Durene Jones. I do have plenty of patterns saved by both of them, though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...