Sunday 10 February 2019

One Saturday morning when I stepped out of the house :)

Hello Friends,

Today I want to share with you some pictures of Saturday which was well spent catching up with my craft group and exploring Kuwait.

Last few months have been very busy at work front and I have been working most weekends. This led to missing my craft meetings which is the last thing I like to do. Weather has been pleasant (and cold) since December and working on weekends led to frustration of not being able to be out in open. Every year I look forward to winter season so that I can attend all the craft bazaars, fairs, open markets and this is what helps me get thru the horrid summer here.

Thursday I decided not to work on weekend and explore some new places . Saturday morning I attended my craft group meet up at Luna & Beau . Its a pet friendly cafe where one can bring their pets , hang out for coffee, play with the resident cats and use the grooming services.

Here are some pics:


After the meetup , we took a quick stop at new to me park -Yarmouk Public Garden which has some recycled art. Its a small park , nicely maintained . We enjoyed a stroll thru the park ,I love how the pics turned out with overcast sky.It has been raining here regularly , with temperatures dipping but high humidity.




Next stop was Kuwait Marine Museum ,also called Al Heshami Marine Muesum. This museum is built next to "Al Hashemi II " which is world's largest dhow with its name entered in Guinness World Records. 
Al Hashemi II
Al Hashemi II is a Baghlah, which is is a large deep-sea dhow, a traditional Arabic sailing vessel. 


The Pearling Boom
The museum houses replicas of traditional Kuwaiti boats like the Boom of different kind , trading boats used in Arabic peninsula,a viking boat and pictorial journey of how the Al Hashemi II was built.
Details on a Vikings boat

Details on a Vikings boat

Mohammedi II- Kuwaiti boom style boat

The museum is small , one of the main reasons people think it would be boring. However, big or small , I'm yet to find a museum where I didn't learn something new.


For people in Kuwait , please use following information:
Location: Inside Radisson Blu , however you can enter the museum without entering the hotel. Ask for direction once you reach the hotel.
Entrance Fees:  Free
Opening hours: Everyday 10 am to 5 pm
Photography: Allowed

If you fancy a luxurious meal, you can dine at the Al Boom or Al Heshami Ball room :)

We came back home after making memories ...a beautiful morning well spent exploring around. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed visiting these places.


13 comments:

  1. Nicely written, I missed your non-crafting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such amazing photos. Love the tortoise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your neat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cat place! You saw some fun things on your adventure, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to museums and think they must be wonderful to work at :) Also I love the tire tree! So cool! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us. I think Kuwait is so beautiful and love seeing pictures of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cats looks quite comfortable and enjoying themselves.
    Lots of lovely recycled things you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Mini!
    Love the place with the cats.
    Thank you for showing us the museum, it was very interesting to see.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi mini
    Nice pictures. I have also had a virtual tour thru this post. U have narrated your exploration beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your adventures look like so much fun. And I would love the cat cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a pet friendly cafe...I don't have a pet but I'd go there all the time. Also - boats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly had a nice day of visiting new places and exploring. Glad the rain stopped while we were crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would turn into a little girl again at a pet cafe. "LOOKIT ALL THE KITTIES" and proceed to pet them all. :))) The tire tree is my favorite; a recycled park is a great idea!

    I love visiting museums, small or large. Smaller ones usually have very friendly workers that can tell all sorts of stories about the items! This one looks like it was super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The museum looks very interesting and the pet cafe is a great idea! I love the idea of having a cat on your lap with your coffee and cake!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...