Thursday 31 August 2017

August crafting report

Hello Friends,

Wow its been more than a month I posted on my blog , I have been feeling so lazy to write a post, comment on blogs and craft .

Today is first day of 5 day long weekend here and I thought I will gather myself together and write a post at least on the last day of the month.

This month has been busy with deadlines at work, vacation planning and festivals. But there have been days when I had time to craft but I sat on the sofa wasting my time on my phone. At least I have started reading again and managed to finish 3 books this month.

Here is what I have to show for the Gifted Gorgeousness and Theme-Tas-Stitch SAL run by Jo and Kerry respectively.

As you know my craft group meets fortnightly and it has become a tradition to receive gifts from very generous friends every meetup. This is what I have received over last 2 months:
Gifts from Tammy: A card made using chain stitch crochet, a crochet bowl and a bookmark

Gifts from Z: Solar eclipse coaster, Friendship day card and tiny embroidery hoop kit
A market bag, belated birthday gift from E
My house is full of such crochet gifts now and anytime someone visits for the first time they can't help notice all the crochet/knitted/cross stitch decorations in the house, out of which only one is made by me ..ha ha

I have been trying to finish the knitted blanket for my friend's baby. The baby arrived a bit early but I started missing cross stitching after knitting straight for two months. I started a weekly rotation to get some progress on my WIPs, which worked most of the times.

Here is the how the blanket looks like as of today


Progress on the Butterfly Project I'm making for my bestie, see if you can see any difference from last time :)

I picked up another WIP "Indian Peacock" for the Animalia August for Theme-Tas-Stitch SAL. This project grows faster than others as it has lot of half stitches. Love the colors in this one.


I sewed two bags to hold my projects with help from my husband during the month

Bag to hold Qsnap of 11*17 inch

Drawstring bag to hold knitting projects
What a feeling it was to use fabric from my stash for making these bags! My fabric or any other craft stash isn't big but I start feeling guilty/bad if I don't use the stash after more than one year I have bought it. Does that happen to you? Do you feel guilty of not using every single thing in your stash?

Next month we will be travelling for our annual holiday , which means time for some exchanges. I have already committed for two swaps, may do some more...ha ha.

That's it my friends for this month, I'm really dying to finish some of the WIPs. Its been too long I had a proper finish.

I will try and leave comments on your blog this weekend , hoping the lazy spell gets over soon. 

11 comments:

  1. Tee hee! Me too Mini! It's been hard to do anything ..... stitching or blogging/commenting. The weather has been too hot, or I've been too tired ..... oh and one of my eyes has been playing me up too (I've mentioned it on my latest blog post).
    You have received some lovely gifts, and I especially liked the Solar Eclipse coaster, what a great idea!
    It was nice to read what you've been up to. Well done with your stitching, and I like the bags you and your husband made.
    Re stash ..... I don't worry how long things are in the cupboard ..... they are there for when I want that certain something to finish a project!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel guilty about having emergency rations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, someone was quick with the eclipse coaster! I like the teensy flowers too. Such fun gifts you've received. :) I always feel guilty about stash that I haven't used. It doesn't seem to stop me from acquiring more though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to you being lazy from time to time and just sitting on the couch relaxing without doing any needlework. I often feel like tat in the summer when it's very hot. That's my time for reading more than cross stitching.
    Oh my, Mini, such lovely gifts that you have received. And the bags you made are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You received lovely gifts, I like the cute card Tammy made for you. You made beautiful bags. I use see-through ziplock and zipper bags to keep my WIPs because I often forget which bag I kept in and am too lazy to open each one and check. I made a drawstring bag too for a crochet WIP but that has been hiding somewhere along with a never ending WIP inside it. But I guess I will sew one bag, got inspired seeing yours. I am almost done with my stash acquisition phase and I have many things purchased 5 years ago that haven't been used yet. But that's ok because these are not like paints which would dry out. Our stash has got long shelf life so they will be eventually used someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty and fun gifts, Mini! And I love that baby blanket you are knitting--such great colors! I haven't been feeling very productive at all this summer--it has been a rainy, cool season and I just don't feel very inspired! Sure hope I get my stitching mojo back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have our lazy periods, except maybe Z -- I don't think she ever stops crocheting. :) Great project bags. Sewing is not something I ever learned properly. A shame since my mom sewed when I was little. She used to make clothes and even made me a doll that I unfortunately gave away in a big clear out. Probably should have kept it. I have an unending craft supply and still manage to buy more even though I really shouldn't. I really, really, really wish we had a postal system that was decent. I miss being able to mail things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, there were a few last minute people!
    Love the eclipse coaster, what a clever idea. You have received some lovely gifts and the baby blanket is a lovely project too.
    Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mini!! Look how busy you were! Everything is so beautiful! And what lovely gifts! I hope you have a wonderful vacation and I would love to be able to send you a postcard. Email me an address and I will pop it in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty gifts, love the original coaster and lovely colours of Indian Peacock and drawstring bag. I have loads of stash from years ago and certainly don´t feel guilty but I really must try to use it up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...