Tuesday 17 July 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL July Update

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

No false excuses for being late...I'm not busy or didn't forgot. I have been badly hit by crafting block and whatever I try I'm not able to stitch. It is always difficult for me to start stitching again after a vacation or a gap of 3-4 days. This time its worse, I tried stitching twice , added 5-6 stitches in two projects but couldn't continue. My projects keep staring at me as I sit on the couch. I am afraid that I may have lost the bug for good.

Anyways , luckily have two gifts to show, so I thought of posting instead of missing the check in.

My friend in Singapore send me this beautiful crocheted floor pouf . I love it and so happy that I have a small part of her in my house now.As you can see it has been claimed by Twitch :)


She also made this small canvas for me...how perfect is this?


Friends if you have any tips on how to get back motivation to stitch please share with me, just a reminder that mood lifters like stash shopping (due to bad postal system) and new starts are ruled out.

Thank you all for leaving lovely comments on my last post.I'm surprised to see how many of you enjoyed the foodie aspect of my life 

Hopefully I will have something to show in my next post.

13 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm late as well... My mojo has been elsewhere too; maybe if we combine our forces, the mojos will rejoin us hah. I find it easiest to just go with the flow and work on some other hobby.

    Love the Twitch Poof! She is a floofy cat so now you have a floof poof. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your stitching bug has gone! Do you have any spare threads and fabric? You could always browse designers that sell pdf versions of their designs which you can download at home. There are lots on etsy. I think you NEED a new start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely floor pouf! I lost my stitching bug for a bit - I switched to reading for a bit and tucked my stash away so it didn't make me feel guilty. After a week or so I felt the urge to pick something up again. I find if you force it, or let it make you feel guilty, you don't want to do it and it becomes a chore. Sorry if this isn't helpful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gifts you got!! That pouf is perfect for Twitch! And I agree with Bethan, doing something else for a bit, it will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gifts from your friend! I sometimes don't stitch for 10-15 days when back from vacation. Then one fine day, I am back safely in my corner stitching:) Do what you feel like doing... cooking, knitting, organizing, reading or just relax with extended vacation. Sometimes surfing or shopping just increases anxiety. But still there is no harm seeing instagram or pinterest for eye catching pictures and inspirations. Sometimes, even that makes me feel, oh my, people are so creative and I am so mediocre in my creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, even if your stitching bug is still on holiday!
    Love the crochet pouf and the gorgeous cat too.
    I would just carry on picking up each project and doing 10 stitches per day until you want to do more.
    I like browsing my freebie files and updating links on my blog if I need inspiration. Cheap and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great and creative friend you have, Mini! The pouf looks so cool and I love the bird, too. I don't craft as much in the summer--just too many other things to do and too much traveling :) I hope your mojo returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, sadly we all can relate to you about the stitching bug going on a break. I find it best to leave it alone for a week or so, or more, and then just simply stitch what you want to stitch. If it means having a new start, then so be it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, sorry you have lost your stitchy bug. I hope you find him soon. I have lots of hobbies so I usually just switch to crochet, knitting, or beading etc. I also love to read and I read a lot of books. I saw your reading list. Are you on goodreads.com? I have all my books on there. I'm donnawannaread on there. I have loved looking at the pieces you have made. You have made a lot more than I have but I haven't been doing it very long. I did miss one on my blog that I completely forgot I did. It was a gift. I have to find a picture and see if I can figure out the date from that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cat looks so comfortable on your special gift from your friend.
    I hope your stitching bug returns soon, although I see a lot who are not crafting at the moment due to the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such nice gifts that you received. Your cat seems to love it :))
    Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you to overcome the stitching slump. But I know this too well myself. I hope that your motivations will come back soon so that you can continue working on all your lovely WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mini, I am sorry to hear you’ve lost your sewing mojo. I have tried to think of ideas for you, but I can’t think what could change your feeling. I guess you will have to give it time.
    Lovely gifts from your friend ..... lucky twitch!
    Hope your mojo comes back soon, but if not I enjoy your food posts!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely crochet floor pouf, I can see that your cat has claimed it straight away, perfect fit. I sometimes have gaps when I can´t seem to stitch anything and whatever I do, I dislike. I think one must get busy with something else and have and good look through pinterest which always sparks interest.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...