Tuesday 4 December 2018

2018 Online Advent Calendar-Day 4

Hello there Blog hopper,

Welcome to day 4 of Jo's 2018 Online Advent Calendar blog hop.šŸŽ„

I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop so far.. it is one of the most fun event in the blogging community.

This year I have stitched this sweet little penguin for an exchange. The theme was Stitcher's Choice and I asked my partner what she liked. She said she would love to receive something related to Christmas , so I chose this penguin . Penguin is my favourite bird , I just adore them.





The scarf in original design was light grey ,I changed it to red to make it look more Christmasy. This was sent with some Kuwait ephemera .I hope the recipient receives it in time and likes it. 

Another Christmas design I stitched was this card in 2016, I hope you don't mind me including it again.

This poinsettia was part of the pattern- EMS Flowers of the month I stitched in 2016.
  
Every year Jo's gives us a topic to share our views on . This year's conversation topic is - Your Favorite Christmas Song.
My favorite (and the only one I know) Christmas song is Jingle Jingle bells.




If you are wondering why I know only one song, read ahead: My family follows a different religion than Christianity ,so we never celebrated Christmas at home religiously. However as I studied in a Christian Missionary school, I had basic knowledge of how the festival is celebrated.
Every year before the winter holiday, the small church in our school would be decorated and we would peek into it to admire the decorations. Sometimes the nuns at our school would even allow us to go into the church. I was very fascinated by the recreation of scene of Baby Jesus's birth using porcelain figurines.
In my high school year (not the high school grade of Western education system),I participated in the Nativity play.
Until few years back I used to put up a Christmas tree at my home and loved decorating it. 
I don't decorate a tree these days at home, however coming from a diverse country like India, I appreciate and enjoy all religious festivals alike. I firmly believe that festivals are all about love and bringing people together.

I hope I haven't bored you with my story.That's it for the blog hop.šŸŽ…

May this festive season sparkle and shine, may all of your wishes and dreams come true, and may you feel this happiness all year round. Merry Christmas!

25 comments:

  1. Cute penguin mini. Enjoyed reading your post. I will be displaying the bell card u have send me in my home next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stitchings. The penguin is very cute. The world would be a much more peaceful place if people would practice respect and tolerance for all religious practices. For me, celebrating isn't even really about religion, but more about family togetherness, holiday foods and a festive spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your stitched pieces are lovely, Mini!
    Your penguin is quite adorable, and I think your choice for his scarf was exactly the right colour .... whether it had been for Christmas or not!
    I enjoyed reading your post, and wish you and your husband a Very Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute penguin! I did enjoy your story. I totally agree that the more we learn about each other, the more likely that we can someday all be at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet stitching, the poinsettia is very pretty.
    Jingle Bells is a great song and hopefully you'll find more you like while visiting the other blogs.
    How wonderful that you know and enjoy so many religious holidays. Happy Christmas/Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stitched pieces and Jingle Bells is a song loved by all. We can and do have different beliefs and celebrate in different ways and our celebrations should be about peace, love and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. By the end, you will know about 30 Christmas songs as we have double-doors at the weekends!
    I think it's nice to be aware of other religions and cultures. The origins of so many festivals are basically the same - the need to celebrate light in the depths of the dark days of Winter.
    Your penguin is so cute, I am sure your swap partner will love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here for the blog hop. I found your post very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing. Your stitching is beautiful. I love the penguin card. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your stitching is lovely, but my favorite is the Poinsettia. I hope you and your family enjoy the season, and many blessings in the coming New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching Mini, cute litte design and I liked reading your post. The song is always a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finishes. Thank you for telling us your story and beliefs. Diversity is important and everyone has the right to celebrate what they believe in and what they like!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute pinguin! I think it's awesome that you signed up for this blog hop even if you yourself don't observe Christmas. It's always great to be open for things other people enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your penguin is so very cute and I wish you a very Merry Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stitching you've shared in the blog hop.
    I hope you enjoy listening to the various Christmas songs that are posted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of your holiday stitching but especially the little penguin...he is adorable. I enjoyed your story very much. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww... that sweet penguin is adorable! I love them, too, and was so pleased to see an island filled with them when we traveled to southern Argentina in 2015 :) Love all of your pretty stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pointsettia is lovely and the penguin is super cute. Thanks for signing up for the blog hop, and I wish you a joyful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your sweet little Christmas penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet stitching! Thank you for sharing your perspective on this season! It is amazing to me how all of us stitchers are united across continents and traditions with so much goodwill and friendship. I am glad you are participating in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mini, It's a pleasure meeting you through Jo's blog hop. I love learning about others traditions and culture. Lovely stitching and Jingle Bells is the first Christmas song I learned. Happy Holidays! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your little penguin is so cute! I like that you've changed the scarf color. It's fun to think that other cultures and religions like the Christmas tree. They're so fun to decorate. Perhaps you'll be overwhelmed with Christmas songs now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Christmas stitching. I particularly love your penguin. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute penguin, remember me "Pingu".It was a kid show my childs loved a lot (me too). Must check if there is a Christmas episode on YT. Good choice for the red scarf. Happy holidays. Joyeuses fĆŖtes de NoĆ«l. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your wee penguin and how lovely that you enjoy our traditions too :) if you go to all the blogs in the hop you will learn some new songs :) I certainly did :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely story. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...