Wednesday 17 April 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL April 2019 update

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

Warning :This is a picture heavy post.

If you read my second last post , you know that I'm moving out of Kuwait. I have been showered with gifts from friends here , specially my craft group. I think I have shared over the years that my craft group was a big part of my life here in Kuwait , infact for some years it was the only reason I used to get out of the house on weekends. So obviously , I'm going to miss my craft group the most .

Here are the crafty and handmade gifts I received last month.
Lovely Canadian Chaussette yarn handwoven by Mineville Wool. Gifted by Jody


This tote was gifted to me by friend Rene, who not only made the crochet mandala, painted the other side but also sewed the tote herself.Isn't she super talented? I have never seen such neat fabric painting .


Look at this super gorgeous shawl gifted to me for my birthday by my friend Z.

Am I lucky or what?

Another gift is  Free mag from World Craft Week, I know what you may be thinking, how do I manage to score all these free mags 😛

I haven't been crafting for obvious reasons , however I made some simple and quick gifts


A Rug and a Hug for a Mug ,pattern by Cathy Rubin
Made for Tammy
Simple Garter Coaster, pattern from Mr. Darcy Creations, made for Jeena
At last some cross stitch , I stitched this lovely pattern from Durene Jones for my crazy cat friend Rene. The pattern was so easy to follow , I enjoyed making it even though I haven't done many full coverage pieces.
Pattern by Durene Jones from The World of Cross Stitching Magazine, Feb 2016.
That's it my friends for today and may be for a few more weeks. On this day next week, I will be in a different country , standing in guest house surrounded by cartons.
Hope to settle down soon and come back to routine. Send me your good wishes virtually .


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gifts received and given. I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gifts. Best wishes for the move and getting settled into your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic gifts and lovely gifts you made. Hope your move goes very smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is absolutely gorgeous. The colours are so me!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your friends in Kuwait gave you some lovely gifts, I am sure they will miss you too. The shawl is particularly beautiful.
    I got all the World Craft Week emails and the magazine but didn't actually launch it to read it! Must remember to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your farewell gifts are so lovely--I'm sure it will be very difficult to say goodbye to your craft group, but you will have those lovely gifts to remember your friends by. Good luck with your move--what an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely gifts you received! I especially love the “crazy cats”!
    I’m sure your craft group will really miss you! It’s nice that you have your gifts to remind you of these friends.
    Best wishes for a smooth move, and I look forward to reading all about your next stop!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard to say goodbye to a craft group! When I left my old one, they gave me some lovely items too. I never thought to share them for GG as it was during that time of Complete Meltdown. The shawl you got is totally gorgeous! The little cats are so cute!

    G'luck on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful gifts you have received, that crochet mandala on the tote bag and gorgeous shawl with such pretty colours - very thoughtful gifts. I love your stitched cat too, real cute. Hope your move goes well and we will hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gifts! You can see how much you are loved! Wishing you and you husband have a painless as possible move. Can't wait to hear how everything went once you are settled :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your craft groups seems wonderful! Surely they will miss you as much as you miss them. Great gifts, both given and received!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of pretty things in your GG post this month.
    Lovely gifts from your friends.
    Wishing you happiness in your new home.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...