Sunday 2 February 2020

Let The People Choose-January and February Update

Hello Everyone,
I hope the first month of new year treated you well. I have been busy busy..,in mind I composed the posts to be put up on the blog but never get around to post them in real.

As crafting has taken a back seat since I left Kuwait, I decided to join only two SALs this year, both hosted by Jo.One of those is The People's Choice SAL. Its an easy SAL where one theme selected is by us crafters for each month and then we post about it.

For January, the theme was Lizzie*Kate. It would sound like a repeated story but like Jo, I wasn't a fan of the designer  in the beginning as I felt that her designs required too many specific items like fabric and floss.
However, I have acquired a taste for them over the time as I could see how simple the designs were.

I have two Lizzie*Kate patterns in my stash , though my record keeper says three.Its driving me crazy that I can't trace the third.
I cannot count my day...Bought in 2015
This was won in a giveaway by Tiffstitch
For Februaury , the theme is Penguins ,my favourite creatures .

Stitched in Nov 2018, Pattern by Diane Machin
I have received two penguin ornaments in exchanges I participated:
Received in Dec 2018
Received in July 2015
I don't have any penguin patterns in my stash!
That's it for today, I hope to post on time for the next SAL.

11 comments:

  1. LizzieKate is one of my favorites and I have stitched their patterns with the called for threads and with my own choices and they both turned out just as beautiful. And they are so fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornaments, makes me remember there is a penguin in day 7 of the Brooke's book advent calendar I could stitch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month (and last month!).
    Giveaways are a great way to try a designer you might not have thought of stitching before.
    The penguins are very cute. It was a difficult post for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see a post from you. Hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces for January and February :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzie Kate is popular in exchanges, her sayings seem to fit every event.
    Nice penguins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you stitching! Your penguins are adorable--everyone always loves those cute little fellows :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the penguin ornies. Where are you living now since you left Kuwait?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job catching up on two months :) I hope you manage to locate your third L*K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy life in #Mumbai has reduced your number of blog posts also. Good to se your new post. I know you have been travelling within #India. Would like to see a post about that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe, love the penguins!
    I hope you find your other LK, I know that's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...