Sunday 5 April 2020

Let the People Choose-April Update

Hello Friends,
First Saturday of the month I join Jo for The People's Choice SAL . Jo takes a poll for people to choose a topic for the month and the participants then post about stitchy projects related to that topic.

This month's topic is Modern Samplers. Now this is a tricky one-I had never seen a Sampler before 2014 as I don't think they existed historically in Indian Subcontinent as they did in the USA or UK.
This partially explains my disinterest in traditional samplers, however I have stitched a few modern samplers or lets say my take on modern samplers:


Birth Sampler from Anchor Design Studio
The birth sampler I stitched for my nephew in 2014 has few elements of a traditional sampler-numbers,alphabets,border,name and date .
I made this birthday card and I think it looks like a portion of band sampler. It has specialty stitches in it.
Gorgeous Gingham by Joanne Sanderson
Another birth sampler which I stitched for my niece in 2015.
Pretty in Pink by Helen Phillips
I did get a chance to see two historic samplers at Skaill House, Orkney, Scotland. Here are pictures:


As I write this post, I'm reminded that I need to make two birth samplers for my friends' babies. I better start looking in my stash for patterns !

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet birth samplers! I really love the rocking horse at the top of the first one :) And lucky you to have seen the antique ones! They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love your birth samplers, they are definitely a modern style. The antiques are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great samplers, and thank you for sharing the historical ones. It's interesting that samplers are not known in India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great samplers for this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty! I am not very interested in stitching traditional samplers either, but I admire them. Hope you and your family are doing well in India!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The samplers you've stitches are very sweet. I'm sure your family must be thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birth samplers are all really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely samplers, my dear. I hope that you and your family are all safe and well during these extraordinary times.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...