Monday 4 May 2020

Let the People Choose-May Update

Hello Friends,
First Saturday of the month I join Jo for The People's Choice SAL . Jo takes a poll for people to choose a topic for the month and the participants then post about stitchy projects related to that topic.

This month's topic is Fire. Now this is a tricky one- I don't think I have stitched a piece with fire in it. No problem about that, we can interpret the topic of this SAL in our own way. I waited for few people to post about this topic and see what their interpretation is.

Fire is considered holy in Hinduism, religion I follow. Agni, and thus fire, is a symbol used in many Hindu ceremonies that form a rite of passage; births, marriages and funerals.Fire is a source of light and I can't imagine celebrating my favourite festival Diwali without light. Diwali is a festival of lights and we light earthen lamps, candles and these day electric lights to celebrate the festival.I stitched this piece in 2018 :

Free Pattern from Daily Cross Stitch
I have received many hand made Diwali gifts showing Diyas(earthen lamps) over the years.

Gift from Preeti


Gift from Zhraa


Gift from Zhraa
Gift from Tammy
Here are patterns on my wish list showing earthen lamps:

Now,I'm going to check what other have posted for this SAL.

7 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things! I love the card on the dark blue fabric. The colors are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love your interpretation of the theme. Beautiful gifts and designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post for this months choice of Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing so many Diwali gifts, they are so pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A festival of light sounds amazing. I wish I could see it one day. Great interpretation of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely Diwali stitching and gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...