Skip to main content

GG SAL and Lovely WWKIP Day


I was so excited to write this post that I prepared a draft on Saturday evening hoping to post first thing on Sunday, only to realize that it isn't 15 on Sunday ...

This time for the GG SAL, I have two finishes to show

I finally put last stitch on the Sunflower bouquet on Friday evening and it turned out more beautiful than I expected. This is a retirement gift for a very generous colleague.


After the initial hick ups of bad chart quality and not having required floss, the second innings went smooth. I  skipped backstitching the flowers (You all know my fear of backstitching, don't you !) .This may be my best attempt at backstitching ...lol
Here is a close up of the stitches.




Notice how in the second pic , stitches are in all directions. This is my first project where I tried having all my \\\\ and //// in same direction. It took me 36 days to finish this piece. Other details can be found here

The second partial finish is the EMS April flower of the month, except the inner borders. I have decided that I will stitch the borders during my crafty meet ups as it requires less counting. The fabric was a gift from a friend ,hence I can include this in GG SAL.

13th June was World Wide Knit in Public day and I decide to take the initiative for organizing it here in Kuwait. This was first time for Kuwait and we had an attendance of 8 wonderful ladies.

Image courtesy :Tammy


The café where we met was situated by the Sea
We had such a gala time chatting and crafting that I'm sure everyone made new friends.
I even tried my hands at crochet and failed terribly. Tammy was patient enough to teach me the basics. Look what wonderful gifts Tammy gave me :


My knitty friend L from ravelry group will be leaving Kuwait soon and this is what she gifted me.


                                           

Thank you Ladies for such a great time and gifts.

I will now have more stitching time from Thursday because of lesser working hours in the month of Ramadan. I hope to finish my pending projects and start a new one.

I'm off to see what other stitchers have to show in their GG posts.







Comments

  1. That sunflower stitching is gorgeous. I just can't bring myself to do such detailed patterns anymore. The sets from Linda are very nice. I used to make little gift bags like that at Christmas time to sell cookies and chocolates in when I would do bazaars. One of these days I'm gonna cross-stitch, even if it is something very, very small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowernnis very very beautiful. Lucky to get craft friends around you. Wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous finish. I love it. I'm doing the EMS sal too but have only just started March so you are streets ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sunflower Bouquet! Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunflower stitching !! :)You are almost done with the other flower project too. Nice to know you had a lovely crafting time with friends and received some beautiful gifts too!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous finishing.. i love the sunflowers. great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunflowers are gorgeous!! And I am happy you had such a wonderful time at WWKIP day!! The cafe you met at looks like such a beautiful place to spend the day knitting or stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The sunflowers look lovely, the back stitch is worth all the effort.
    How lovely to be involved with the Knitting in Public project. Imagine in ten years time when you have hundreds of people joining in and can say "I was at the first one"

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...lovely sunflower finish. Good that you could take part in knit in public day. Mini..crochet is not rocket science...im sure you can definitely catch up soon..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the finish! I love sunflowers. The backstitching definitely makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sunflowers and great flower sal
    Look forward to see your next finish
    Greetings from holland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Alphabet Club Catch up post : Letter M

Hello Friends,
Here I am with a very late entry for the Alphabet Club Letter M. This is going to be a long post, as so many interesting words that start with letter M.

M is for Maa , Hindi word for mother ( Pronunciation similar to how its said in English). I'm sure not many can deny the importance of a mother in a living being's existence. Personally I can't even imagine where I would be without my mother: from loving selflessly, to fighting with society to let me choose what I wanted to be, to accepting who I am , to teach me how to take care of family and last but not the least, passing down the love of crafts like embroidery, home decor and cooking .I always thought I was a papa's gal , but as I grow old I can't help but see how similar I am to my mother.
One day ,after a break of few years from cross stitching , I was looking for information on DMC on the Internet. My mother would often mention how DMC thread was available in India in her young age and how good t…

Trip to Mirror House, Kuwait

Hello Friends, Winter has come to an end here in Kuwait and the temperature has started rising..some people call it spring though.
We completed 3 years of living in Kuwait recently and this winter was the best of all years we have been here. The temperature touched 0 deg C and below this year, something I always prefer over 55 deg C. This was also the busiest of season for us, my husband jokingly said that the petrol expenses have doubled in last two months. We have been attending crafty meetups, book club meetings, exhibition, fairs and lastly exploring tourist places when my family visited.
This post is dedicated to one such outing to Mirror House,Kuwait. We visited the Mirror House on 24th Feb for a evening tour.  The House of Mirrors or Mirror House, also known as the Khalifa & Lidia Qattan Art Museum is like a wonderland where every wall, floor and nook of the house is covered with mirrors. Mrs. Lidia Qattan single-handedly transformed an old house into piece of art which is now…

Mesmerizing Garhwal - Part I :My first summit climb

Hello everyone,
The year is coming to an end and I’m so behind in everything: blogging, journaling, crafting. As much as I feel guilty about this, I think the only way to act on this is to pull up my socks and try and catch up. I don’t have any crafting update for now, but I thought I will write about one of my travels this year.
Its month of May, hot here in Kuwait and temperatures are touching 50 deg C (122 deg F). I’m not sure if I have mentioned this before but Hubby and I work in same company and same department… I can imagine your reaction after reading this … Are you crazy? Being together 24 hrs? How come one of you haven’t killed the other? Ha ha. Ok, so the point of telling you this is we can get leave from work at same time (most of the times) and that’s what happened when we finished some big projects in early May.
Hubby hadn’t had a break since long and we wanted to take a quick one which didn’t involve much planning and specially no visa requirement. The obvious choice was I…