Sunday 17 April 2016

IHSW April Update

It’s time to show you what I stitched during  IHSW .

For those of who don't know about IHSW, it’s being hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings. Here is how she describes it "International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."
I started a new project last Friday(8th April) : House of Margaret Mystery SAL. It’s a SAL where the designer will be releasing small portions of pattern in 17 weeks and the sign-up is free.
I stitched the second part which was released on 15th during the weekend. Here is my progress:
  

 I will pick up my Flower of the Month project today as all that is left to stitch now in HoM Mystery SAL piece is some white. I usually stitch the white at the end of project to keep it clean.

I was not able to be a true hermitter or hibernator this week. Had to step out of the house for a dentist appointment. I figured I had too much wisdom to survive in this world, so decided to get my wisdom tooth out.
However, I’m happy that I was able to stitch on the way to and back from the Dentist in the car. As the HoM design has no confetti, it was very easy to stitch in the car with absolutely no counting required.

As I stitched this piece on Friday, it also counts for Friday Frolicing .

I hope all you hermitters are having a productive IHSW. I will be visiting your blogs soon to check on you..lol

12 comments:

  1. Great start on your new SAL - I hope that your mouth is not too sore after your trip to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your SAL!! I have had three times wisdom tooth removed so far, I don't need that much wisdom any more :) I did not mind the extra chubby I was looking for few days and was a sight for fun for my team members in office but that hollow space and soft gum was a bit irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting start! Is it a bobble hat I wonder?
    Sorry to hear about the wisdom teeth. I actually had five wisdom teeth at one point! But they took two out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new start! I am looking forward to seeing what the mystery stitch turns out to be :) I have had all but one wisdom tooth taken out and the one that is left is staying there because the root is wrapped around my jawbone. I must need the wisdom of that tooth to get me through haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SAL is looking wonderful. Looking forward to seeing it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting start to your SAL! I like stitching in waiting rooms. The time just flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting new start, looking forward to seeing what comes next

    ReplyDelete
  8. That start looks promising and I hope that the next installments of this mystery will also be to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are fully recovered from having your wisdom tooth out! Looks like a good start on your SAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 17 weeks of a surprise stitch-a-long ... you have much more patience than I do. All of my wisdom teeth came out when I was around 22. I've still got them in a small envelope around here somewhere. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching as always ..I wish you recovering!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...