Sunday 15 April 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL April Update

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

I never got around to write a second GG post last month, so I will show the gifts I received in February & March.

I met my college friends during my last visit to India and was treated with beautiful handmade gifts.
First is a lovely crochet scarf made by friend S. I would like to be a narcissist here and tell you that I have been after S for picking up a hobby and pushing her to crochet whenever she gets time. I take a little pride in telling that she now crochets regularly and creates handmade beauties.

Next is a painting made my bestie . I love the blast of colors in this one, it even has my name Mini written in Hindi.

My friend A painted this coffee mug for me 

Birthday gifts from Tammy, elephant cross stitch card and chime from Sri Lanka and Cat cross stitch which resembles my cat Twitch.

If you are wondering will I ever show what gifts I made, the answer is yes.
I started a new project for which I may get triple GG points
1. The design is from a gifted magazine by Tammy
2. The fabric is a gift from a cross stitcher I met thru fb
3. Its a gift for my mother's 60th birthday.

Now only if you can guess what it is:

For anyone guesses it right, will get a postcard from me. 😀

Mid-life crisis:
I have been doing a lot of thinking these days about life , my goals , what I want to do in future . I took a one week break from crafting to get some perspective. Still looking for answers so crafting has taken a back seat and I'm OK with that for now. Meanwhile I'm enjoying cooking new recipes and most of my weekend time is spent in kitchen.

It's a long weekend here and we are enjoying the extra time at home, watching television ,sleeping and playing with my cat.

That's all my friends, I will be back with a IHSW report next week.


14 comments:

  1. What talented friends you have! Don't stay away from crafting for too long, we would miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great GG post, lovely goodies you were gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great handmade gifts, the very best kind. No guessing here since I already know what you are stitching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gifts!! Nothing like receiving a hand made gift :) And I am going to guess your new project is a penguin?...maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection of goodies! Such pretty colours. Don't stress about your mid-life crisis.Take every day as it comes and things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful gifts from your friends, Mini! Oh, how I wish I could paint like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friends are as talented as your are, my dear, so please don't be too long away from your crafting - we love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great GG post you compiled here - all these wonderful gifts you received. But I can't guess what you are stitching for your mother's birthday, I just have to wait until you reveal it.
    I hope that your joy of crafting will be back soon so that you can take as much pleasure from creating things as you were doing before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing gifts from your talented friends! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, especially with the triple points piece! I think it looks like a penguin right now but I am sure that isn't right so I am going to say a Vase of Flowers.
    I do hope you continue to craft in some way, especially as you have been inspiring your friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gifts. I love the painting!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely gifts you have received, such a pretty coloured crochet scarf and the gorgeous painting, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely GG for you and good on you for enabling another to crochet! I love the Mini-Cat too. I feel like we haven't seen enough of Twitch here on your blog!

    Gosh, I think it looks like a penguin too haha. I hope it's a giant cake though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You received lovely gifts from your friends:) I liked the painting with your name very much. Mid-life crisis? you are still young. It is just that you want a break from routine things. I also get an urge to cook new dishes instead of crafting sometimes but then I end up watching cookery shows:D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...