Sunday 19 August 2018

IHSW August Check-in

Hello dear friends,

It's time to show what I stitched for International Hermit & Stitch weekend . If you don't know what  IHSW is, its a SAL which was started by Joysze at Random Ramblings .Here is how she describes it "International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."
Weekend in my part of the world is on Friday & Saturday, so I will be stitching from Thursday to Saturday and post on Sundays whenever I participate in IHSW.

I had a busy weekend this time: hosting a dinner for a cultural group my husband is part of and attending my bi weekly crafty meetup. Well I enjoy hosting people and seeing my craft friends, so nothing to complaint about.

I think my crafty bug is back with full spirit. I'm enjoying stitching again and stitching for longer than 15 mins. in one go :)

I added few colors to the pansies and grape hydrangeas, stitched the water at the bottom of vases while working on WIP "Fabulous Florals" and I feel I can finish this project by month end if everything goes well.

Here is a before and after picture :




Fabulous Florals 
Designed by : Claire Comerford
Pattern source : The World Of Cross Stitching Magazine, Issue 245
And now another good news, we have public holidays from tomorrow, 20th Aug to Saturday, 25th Aug.
Do you think I can complete this project in 6 day holidays?
Will I start something new - another cover kit?

Keep those guesses coming..
Have a good Sunday everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece and you made so much progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had wondered about that empty spot on the right! Glad to see it's being filled in now haha~ It can totally be finished six days! But I will guess you start another cover kit for Smalls! I should take after you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello stitching bug,
    Welcome back to Miniz world of cross-stitching.
    Hope you help her completing this beautiful project by end of Eid holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are close to finishing. Enjoy the long holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking beautiful! I am sure you will take full advantage of holidays and complete it as it is meant for gift and might even be left with time to start something new:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely design and you've made great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, good progress made and yes you will finish the piece during the next few days. It is gorgeous and I love the colours. I can see you starting something new too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty! Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of progress here, Mini! It looking very pretty!
    I’m sure you will finish in six days!
    I love your colours, and look forward to seeing your new start.
    Enjoy your holiday!
    Barbara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece with so much progress! Enjoy your holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching, Mini--the addition of the pansy is so lovely. Glad your crafting mojo has returned :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects gets more and more beautiful the more you add on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love pansies, especially the ones with purple, yellow, and white. This will be so pretty when it is finished and I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work. I love that big purple pansy you added. So pleased that your stitching bug is back too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...