Friday 31 August 2018

Smalls SAL August Check-in

Hello Friends,

Its last friday of the month , time to show what smalls we stitched during the month. I'm participating first time in Smalls SAL this year hosted by Heather. I decided to join this SAL as I usually stitch birthday cards or exchange pieces throughout the year and this gives me an additional chance to blog.


I have two smalls to show you this month :both are cover kits from magazine.

These were stitched during my stitching slump with the idea that quick finishes will cheer me up and motivate to stitch more..well that's not what happened! What can I say..I'm the slowest stitcher in the universe and each of these took me 5-6 days to complete.
Flower garland Felt stitch kit
from The World of Cross Stitching magazine


My first pincushion

Floral Pincushion
Designer :Jennifer Ellory
CrossStitch Crazy magazine. Aug 2014
To be honest ,the pin cushion wasn't easy to stitch..most of the stitches are fractionals with lots of backstitching. I think magazine editors need to understand that not all illustrations can be converted into 2 inch cross stitch designs.

Both of these cover kits were gifts from Kerry, they can very well count as GG entry.

I stitched these with a goal in mind which will be revealed when I achieve it 😉.

Well that's all for Smalls SAL today, I'm very close to finishing Fabulous florals WIP . In fact if I wouldn't have been on movie watching spree last week, I would have completed by now.

Have a good September everyone.

13 comments:

  1. Fractionals are so annoying! My favourite is your first piece; I love the green it is set in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sweet finishes, perfect smalls and so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Smalls! I like the little pincushion even if it was a pain to stitch. I wonder if it would've been easier on a higher count fabric? You are surrounded in flowers lately :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both finishes are lovely! I share the same stitching speed with you but you did a great job of finishing those promptly and neatly. I would have been lazy to finish even the smaller ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a slow stitcher, too, Mini, and these both look like they would take a while with all of the fractionals and backstitching. Lovely finishes both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on both smalls and well done on fully-finishing them too. I do wonder at the magazines for providing aida for a design with a lot of fractionals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are very pretty! Don't worry about being a slow stitcher, as long as you are enjoying doing it who cares how long it takes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute little florals you've made! That pincushion is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely finishes Mini, the flower garland is perfect with the bright green felt and I like the pincushion too. I think one should just enjoy stitching whether quick or slow, a hobby to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not fond of fractional stitches either but I love the detailed impression they give of a design. As I sometimes stitch designs by Paula Vaughan I have to stitch lots of fractional.
    Both your finishes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a slow stitcher too, but these are still super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your smalls. I've only done a few ornament kits but these are so cute. They would make good, quick gifts. I need to do some like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...