Saturday 15 September 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL September Update

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.


Today I have a finish to show you which is a gift for my mother's 60th birthday . Her birthday is on Monday, unfortunately I will not be with her that day physically but yes in spirit.

Here are some details

Project Name    Fabulous Florals
Start Date          4/13/2018
End date           9/11/2018
Stitch count       121H*129W
Designer           Claire Comerford
                                  Source              The World of Cross Stitching Issue 245
Fabric               18 ct white aida
Number of colors               35
Number of stitching days        55

I'm very happy with the result , though it was a bit challenging project with lots of fractional stitches , back stitching and some metallic . 

The fabric I used was a gift as was the magazine from which the pattern was chosen, so this project is a full blood GG project 😉

That's it my friends for today, I'm off to check other entries for the SAL.

Have a good weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Very very beautiful finish Mini. Convey my wishes to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom~ I love the overall blue-ish feeling of the piece. It had quite a few colors in it too. Great that it's a full blood giftedness; you deserve extra pieces of the GG pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mini! Glad your bug returned and you were able to finish such a lovely present for your mother, I’m sure she’ll be delighted!
    Best wishes to your mother.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx
    (Oh dear, I’m late again for GG! 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It is looking very beautiful :) Well done! Your mother will be very happy to receive it. Convey my birthday wishes to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful. I hope your mother has a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The florals ARE fabulous! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, your mum will be so pleased, the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful gift for your Mother on her birthday, I hope she has a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 60th birthday to your mum, that's a beautiful gift which I am sure she will love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful finish. I am sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. This is a lovely project and I am sure your Mum will love it. Hope you get to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your mother had a wonderful 60th birthday on Monday, Mini!! Your beautiful gift will surely be her favorite present... a lot of love went into all of those tiny stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching for such a great flowers bunch your mum will enjoy every day. Warm wishes to her (and you). Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous gift for your mum, I am sure that she will treasure it. Please wish her Happy Birthday from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your gorgeous finish! I'm sure your mother will treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful!!! You did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is definitely a great design for a birthday gift. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful. I'm so glad I got to see it finished. I saw the earlier picture. I love pansies!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...