Wednesday 20 February 2019

IHSW February 2019 check-in

Hello dear friends,

It's time to show what I stitched for International Hermit & Stitch weekend . If you don't know what  IHSW is, its a SAL which was started by Joysze at Random Ramblings .Here is how she describes it "International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."
Joysze hasn't been posting regularly so our blog SAL savior Jo provides a blog link up and also runs facebook group for the SAL. 
Weekend in my part of the world is on Friday & Saturday, so I will be stitching from Thursday to Saturday and post on Sundays whenever I participate in IHSW.

Well its well past Sunday , but late post is better than no post, right?

Here is what I stitched...A new start:February Owl from Lesley Teare's monthly SAL . The SAL is free and you can join anytime.


Start on Thursday night

Start on Saturday morning, I put in 15 stitches after this :)
Well everyone knows how much I love stitching owls for my husband. The moment I saw the SAL announcement, I had to join.

But I will be honest that I'm a bit overwhelmed about the number of colors in these small designs.The February one has 17 colors. All the color changes are killing my stitching bug . I know many of you are clever enough to change colors and adapt designs to suit your stitching style but I like to follow patterns (even recipes) to the T. 
I may not stitch any more pattern from this SAL ..will have to see...

Apart from stitching , the weekend was good. Its been raining here in Kuwait regularly. In fact the amount of rain I have seen since November is 10 times more than what Kuwait must have seen in last 20 years. Is this a sign of global warming?

We didn't have any celebration for Valentine's day as we both were sick. However we did go for brunch for our engagement anniversary on 16th.This is what we ate at The Breakfast Club.
Toffee and Pecan Pancakes

Avo Sandwich
February is month of celebration of National day and Liberation day in Kuwait, called Hala Feb. We will have a long weekend off from Friday to Tuesday except Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the decorations, though I have never dared to attend the main celebrations in the city because of the crowd and bad things I have heard.
I will try to share pictures if I click some decent ones..if interested you can see pictures from past year here.

Have a good week everyone.

11 comments:

  1. You can't always stitch a lot but this will look lovely in the end. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear sometimes those little pieces take longer than big ones. Sorry you aren't enjoying them. Happy Celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on charts with too many colors! I don't find it relaxing at all to constantly be changing colors...

    Looks like a lovely brunch you and your husband shared! Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of colours in a small design, it does look nice.
    Nice food.... Yum, yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toffee and pecan pancakes?! Yummmm!! Were they as good as they sound and look? You made great progress with your owl even with all the color changes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your piece was progress thats the most important part. You that food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I bet that avocado sandwich was delicious! Yum!

    I don't mind crazy amounts of colors but it does slow the stitching down. I am wild and crazy with recipes though. I cannot follow the given amounts for garlic; I must measure it with my heart instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally figured out how to post on your blog, Mini! I am writing soon and keep stitching away! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those owls are adorable! I how you'll pull through even with all the colour changes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I'd commented on this post! The owl is lovely but that's a lot of fiddly changing colours.
    Breakfast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...