Tuesday 22 October 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL October 2019 update and IHSW

Hello Friends,
It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

Also , it was IHSW this past weekend , so I'm clubbing these two in one post.
I actually stitched this IHSW after missing it for 6 months.
I started a new project on Friday morning and finished it yesterday evening.
Here it is:

Pattern source:Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, Issue 142
This will be sent to my best friend for her birthday in November. This finish gets double GG points as it was a gift in an exchange I did with Kerry (who sadly doesn't blog anymore) . 
The funny thing is Kerry forgot to send me the chart with the kit and then I contacted Kerry and the magazine to see if they can send me the chart. Well, it didn't work but I liked the design so much that I charted it in excel looking at the cover pic.
I still don't know the designer which is the case with all cover kits I have.

Some other crafting, I really enjoyed making these Diwali (Hindu festival of lights) cards and decorating postcards for Diwali wishes. The idea was to revive letter writing/postcard writing as in this digital media no one cares about a handwritten card.



While we are talking about Diwali, can anyone of you help me in locating the source and designer of this design?
There is serious shortage of designs depicting religions other than Christianity(no offence to anyone here) in the cross stitching world. So I was pretty happy to see the following design on The World of Cross Stitching magazine's facebook page.

If you have bought November 2019 issue of he World of Cross Stitching magazine and would like to share the original pattern with me , I would be really appreciate that.

It was nice feeling to stitch after a gap of months, hope I can continue this now.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Have you done a Google Reverse Image search for the Diwali card? That's usually quite successful for finding the source of a photo.
    The cards you have made are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the heart that you stitched, and it makes such a pretty card. I enjoyed seeing your other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow happy to see Diwali design on WOCS magazine.
    Your stitching bug has returned, hope it stays throughout the Hindu feastiv season.
    Happy Diwali! 💥💣🎆🎇✨🎉

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to see a Diwali design in WOCS magazine - I'm tempted to grab it and make the piece for our neighbours! Your heart is lovely; good job back designing (if that is a term) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching! So happy to see you active again.
    I do love a hand written card or letter and hope the recipients of these cards will do so as well. Good luck finding your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many interesting things you have made. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure I have seen that design somewhere recently. Maybe in a Just Cross Stitch magazine? If I come across it again I will let you know. I love your finish! So pretty! The colors work really well together. And your Diwali cards are so nice! You really have a talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet heart, making a lovely card.
    Oh yes, received cards in the post is always a nice treat, you made so many nice looking cards!
    I wish I could help you find that design, I looked but didn't have any luck. I think it's nice when other religions designs are available, I hope you find more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done making your own pattern for the missing heart so you were able to stitch it! The Festival of Lights cards were a great idea, I’m sure your friends must have been so delighted to receive them!
    I’ve always wanted to make my own cards for Christmas, but never actually done so!
    I can’t help with the name of the designer, I’m afraid I don’t buy many cross stitch magazines.
    I do hope you are still stitching and have found that pattern.
    Wishing you and yours all my Very Best Wishes for 2020!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...