Thursday 15 April 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL April 2021 update

 Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is an easy SAL where you have a choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

I can't believe I'm posting on 15th itself...its a miracle. Also my first GG post for the year.
First up is a gift I made for my mother , a pillow ornament  which turned out to be bigger than expected.
The pattern was a part of subscription gift of India's only craft magazine "Anchor Needle n thread " , it was a cover kit with fabric, floss and pattern.
This was my first time stitching on canvas and second time stitching with metallic thread. I'm rather proud of my hand sewing skills here.

Pattern from Anchor Needle n thread magazine

In January, I got around to getting my few of my finished projects framed. Below piece was delayed for framing as I wasn't able to get a proper charm. I had to get it reframed as the first time the fabric wasn't properly aligned. This was a birthday gift for my husband last year.
Pattern name :Without a Cat
Designer: Jan Eaton
Pattern source: Tom Pudding Designs

I'll save the other framed pieces for next month. Feels nice to post on time..
Take care and stay safe



9 comments:

  1. Hope you get your stitching bug back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for sharing these lovely designs, you have been busy.
    The coordinating fabric you chose for your Heart pillow is perfect.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely pieces, great work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. That heart is lovely, it goes very well with my profile picture! Glad you could get a charm for the sampler too.
    I can't get on the computer until tomorrow so my post is delayed a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pillow, metallic threads are most often nightmares for me but I don't give up! The heart pattern is great and the colours too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are very nice projects. Hearts and cats are some of my favorite things. :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finishing on both pieces! Love the heart you stitched for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your finishes! They both look great:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching, I love the little pillow!
    Are you doing okay? I'm getting lots of scary news from India here...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...