Monday 6 March 2017

The Alphabet Club Catch up post : Letter L

Here I am with my next entry for The Alphabet Club- letter L

L is for Loot - Another loan word from Hindi , the meaning being same in both language .

L is for Laksa  is a popular spicy noodle soup in the Peranakan cuisine, which is a combination of Chinese and Malay cuisine.Laksa consists of rice noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish, served in spicy soup; either based on rich and spicy curry coconut milk, or based on sour asam (tamarind or gelugur). It can be found in MalaysiaSingaporeIndonesia and Southern Thailand.
I love Laksa (vegetarian version) and can't forget the first time I had it from a bazaar stall in Singapore 
in 2011.


L is for Lassi - A popular yogurt /curd based drink in the Indian sub continent. This is served in summers 
to ward off the heat along with meals.Lassi can be sweet or savoury with flavourings added according to 
taste. Laban is arabic name/equivalent of Lassi.
I'm sure many of you living in the UK must have tasted Mango lassi atleast once.
Here is a picture of a healthy version of Lassi I made: Salted Ragi(Finger Millet) Lassi .

One more popular variation of Lassi is Chaas -salted drink similar to lassi, but may contain more water than lassi and has the butterfat removed to reduce its consistency. The english term for Chaas is Buttermilk.

L is for Luskentyre beach: One of the most beautiful beaches I have visited till date though a bit too cold to swim . I think the picture below describes its beauty.

L is for London: One of my favourite cities in the world. I can talk for hours about how much fun I had in London when I was there on a business trip. I know I should have written a dedicated post for that, but you know me..how lazy can I get. Call it serendipity or synchronicity , the first ever cross stitch magazine I bought was from London and it featured "Pretty Mini London" by Satsuma Street.I will stitch this design one day I promise.
Picture from Satsuma Street website
Some other lovely patterns on London 
Tiny Modernist
Thea Gouverneur

That's it for Letter L, I will be back soon with my entry for Letter M.





7 comments:

  1. That noodle soup looks so delicious, I'm sure I would love it. I'm not so sure about Lassi, lol, but my sons say that it's delicious too.
    Great beach picture. Ans so many great charts featuring London.
    Great L post, Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L is for laddoo :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I like the satsuma street charts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laska looks and sounds so yummy! Luskentyre Beach does look like a beautiful place. And Thea Gouverneur's patterns are so gorgeous! Lots of lovely things to look at for the letter L :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be honest, I have never tried Mango Lassi but I am not adventurous in my eating habits! I have stitched Pretty Mini London and I've started Gardens on London by Chatelaine. I love London Town, as they sing! I am the only one out of my family not to have lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tiny Modernist pattern looks like it would be really quick to stitch. I had to look up where Luskentyre Beach is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beach, I could sit and look at that view for hours.
    Tasty looking soup.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...