Thursday 15 February 2018

I DID IT !!!! - Gifted Gorgeousnes SAL February Update

Hello Friends,

Hope you had a good Valentine's day if you celebrate. Mine was good, we had cake and didn't have to cook as we had leftovers for dinner and lunch is arranged in office today 😁.

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

I have been eagerly waiting to show you this , I finished my nemesis project .. can you believe it? I finished all the cross stitches on 19th Jan , still it took me 2+ weeks to finish the back stitching and lettering. Back stitching is not my fav thing about cross stitch projects. I always try to avoid it or do the bare minimum but this time I followed the whole pattern. Though back stitching on this piece is not very heavy, I'm happy I finished it.

Without further ado, I present to you "Most Beautiful Things " by Candamar designs(excuse the wrinkles).


Most Beautiful Things

Started on : 4-Mar-2016
Finished on: 6-Feb-2018
Actual number of days:134
Stitched on: 25 count vintage lugana
Floss used :Kit floss
Designer:
Pattern source: Candamar designs

Number of colors: 17
Design Stitch count:137 H*110W

Actual stitch count = 4* Design count
Type of stitches: Full cross stitch, back stitch
Number of strands used :1 for Full cross stitches,1 for back stitch

This project has lots of first :

1. First kit bought and completed which turned out to be stamped because I didn't read the description properly.
2. First project bought online/on facebook.
3. First time switching fabric in the kit.
4. First time using evenweave
5. First time making changes to stitch count- I was a novice when I bought this kit and decided to switch fabric. The fabric change meant 1 cross stitch on pattern= 4 cross stitch in actual.
6. There are few counting mistakes in this project and instead of frogging them I improvised around them.

It won't be exaggeration if I say this project was like going on crafting journey, learning so many things including patience. There were times I thought of giving it up, sometimes I hated it because of the mistakes but in the end the result is worth it, don't you think? I have grown up with this project learning to improvise and make changes.

I really hope my best friend appreciates the labour behind this gift, I will make sure she does 😉.

I also made two small gifts this month but will save it for the Smalls SAL post.

P.S. I have achieved 1 of the only two crafting goals made for 2018.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks gorgeous:) Congrats on completing it. Backstitching requires patience but it is well worth the final output. Your friend is sure going to treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a fantastic finish and I'm sure your friend will love it. Now it's time to put all your experience into another project. I can't wait to see what you'll stitch next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Mini, and especially for persisting with the horrid backstitches!
    I hate backstitch too! You’ve certainly learnt a lot from this project, but it’s all very useful experience, and at the end you have a beautiful gift for your friend.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing a project that has caused you problems.... on to more exciting things now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing your project! And for persisting and problem solving as you went along x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mini, this is lovely work and well worth all those - irritating to do- back stitches. A pretty design and with a lot of first times for you. well done. beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, don't forget to link up.
    Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this challenging piece! I am sure your friend will love it, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Mini!!! It is perfect! And I am not a lover of backstitching either but I really love how it gave definition to this project. I am sure you friend will love it!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a weirdo who loves backstitching! It's fun seeing the design pop while it goes in. :) I especially love how the butterflies came to life with it! Your friend will love it, no pressure needed haha.

    The year is still young; you will be able to achieve goal 2 no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Mini, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...