Wednesday 10 July 2019

Let the people choose-July-Finishing

Hello Friends,

Today I join Jo for another SAL which she is hosting called THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE SAL. You can read about it on her blog.
The theme for this month is Finishing-that is final finishing.

I haven't been posting on my blog as I'm still not crafting specially cross stitching since my move. So I didn't think I could post for this SAL, however Jo's post gave me some ideas.

I have read that most of the stitchers dread finishing and have a pile of completed projects waiting to be framed or turned into something.
Call me weird but I have never dreaded finishing. In fact , I'm not boasting, I don't have a single project waiting to be FFOed. Well there are two reasons for that : fully finishing makes me super happy , secondly all my stitching is done for gifts, so I try to FFO the gift before giving it to the recipient. I made a mistake of not framing two pieces and gave the stitched project as gift. The pieces  haven't been framed after 3 years(I know that because I keep asking about it) and it hurts me...Anyways
I have tried few easy methods of finishing my projects apart from framing, let me show you the first of each kind.
My first book mark, made in Aug 2014 .
Now something you can laugh at , a project pasted on cardboard and covered with clear plastic sheet. Look what I did to the logo of Volkswagon😅

My first cross stitched card , made in Feb 2015 .

First heart shaped ornament,made in July 2015

First pillow shaped ornament,made in July 2015
First fridge magnet, made in Aug 2015
First hanging :stitched piece glued to foam sheet, made in Sep 2015

First hanging :stitched piece hung on plastic hanger that came with the kit, made in Nov 2015
First cushion cover finish, made in Dec 2015
First hanging :stitched piece sewn in as insert on fabric, made in Dec 2015
First project as potpurri sachet which was pre sewn,made in Feb 2016:
First ATC ,made in Sep 2016
First luggage tag, my own design
First biscornu, made in Mar 2017
First no-sew cube,made in June 2018
First hoop finish,made in June 2018
Oh, I'm tired just including the pictures,I'm sure you are too looking at them.
Year 2015 was clearly a fantastic year with so many firsts. Actually this was the year I discovered cross stitch blogs and was inspired to try finishing other than framing.

Do you have a favourite among these?
May be looking at all these finishes will inspire me to pick up my needle.

10 comments:

  1. Wow no finishes just laying around. That's amazing!!! I love all your finishes. I love them all. The jar with the flowers is my favorite I guess if I have to pick. Love the hoop finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the customized VW logo you made for me �� and the car is still in mint condition standing tall right-next to office computer.
    Thank you soooo much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful firsts! I dislike finishing too.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your older finishes, Mini! Very nice work on each. I hope the chart I sent you arrived safely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad there's someone out there who like finishing off projects! I think that's the reason why I'm so picky(?) about stitches. I really like to have a clear idea on how it's going to be fully finished so it doesn't languish around in a drawer after all that work! Yet... Still there are some in a drawer haha. :) Hard to pick a favorite here. I like the gingham heart potpourri pouch but the blues in the rabbit heart...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great selection, my favourite has to be the heart shaped with the little rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have tried a ton of fun and (mostly) quick ways of finishing - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month.
    There's some familiar projects here! I also like the Heart Shaped Ornament, that is a tricky shape to master but your's looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful!! And some I don't ever remember seeing before. I love you ATC! Those fishys are so nice! I think your biscornu is my favorite :) Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, so many lovely finishes! I think I like, "Quiet cross stitcher at work" the best.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...