Monday 18 March 2019

IHSW March 2019 check-in

Hello dear friends,

It's time to show what I stitched for International Hermit & Stitch weekend . If you don't know what  IHSW is, its a SAL which was started by Joysze at Random Ramblings .Here is how she describes it "International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."

Joysze hasn't been posting regularly so our blog SAL savior Jo provides a blog link up and also runs facebook group for the SAL. 
Weekend in my part of the world is on Friday & Saturday, so I will be stitching from Thursday to Saturday and post on Sundays whenever I participate in IHSW.

Well its well past Sunday , but late post is better than no post, right? 


I talked about my Thursday evening activities and my Friday finish here . 


After I finished the birthday card , I picked up my knitting needles to make something quick. I had saved a dishcloth  pattern of  since I saw it on Rosey's blog .  

Picture from Designer
Well after making four rows, something didn't feel right ..so I unraveled and put the pattern in excel to get a better idea. I realised I hadn't read the pattern properly ,blame it on the designer for not using * for repeated stitches (Knitters know what I mean). 

Second time I knitted the way correct pattern should be done and still the stars couldn't be seen...so I unraveled it again 😢 Rosey I don't know how you made yours but I failed...

I looked for some easy patterns and couldn't find anything I like ..so ended up making these garter stitches coaster.


I love the color of the yarn...

That's it for IHSW.

Today I received birthday cards from my snail mail friends..Aren't they lovely?



Have a good week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no...those dishclothes would have been lovely with the yarn, sorry the pattern didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame the pattern didn't work out for you, but your finished items are lovely. Pretty card from your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the pattern just didn't work out for you. Love the coasters you made though. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating when you can't figure out what you are doing wrong or a pattern isn't written correctly! Grrr! But they look lovely even if they aren't "right" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re-replying here in hopes that it actually posts grr! I hope you've figured it out now (or maybe after the move haha). The cloths would be really cute in that colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame the pattern didn't work out but you did make two very pretty coasters.
    Lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...